Feeling tired and drained is an increasingly common complaint in our busy modern lives. Chronic fatigue impacts our quality of life and productivity. While there are many potential causes of persistent low energy, one contributing factor could be inadequate magnesium levels in the body. Correcting a magnesium deficiency by taking a highly bioavailable magnesium supplement like magnesium glycinate helps restore healthy energy levels and combat fatigue.
How magnesium supports energy levels?
Several key ways to ensure optimal magnesium intake support healthy energy levels:
- Magnesium is a cofactor in the basic cellular energy molecule ATP (adenosine triphosphate). ATP provides energy for many vital chemical reactions and biological functions. Without enough bioavailable magnesium, ATP production drops.
- Magnesium helps move blood sugar from the bloodstream into the cells. Once glucose enters our cells, it provides energy by producing ATP energy molecules. Magnesium deficiency impairs insulin signaling and blood sugar balance.
- As an electrolyte, magnesium helps maintain gradients in the body. It includes proper nerve conduction and muscle contraction – two processes constantly using energy.
- Magnesium regulates calcium flow in cells and supports mitochondrial function. These are also closely tied to ATP energy creation.
In these ways and more, best magnesium supplement offers an effective tool for boosting lagging energy levels. Addressing magnesium insufficiency helps our cells optimally produce and utilize our main source of fuel – ATP molecules.
Magnesium glycinate for supporting energy and combating fatigue
However, not all magnesium supplements are created equal based on their effectiveness. Magnesium glycinate is an excellent choice for supporting energy and fighting fatigue. Here’s why magnesium glycinate stands out:
- High bioavailability – Glycine (an amino acid) joined with magnesium to form glycinate gives this compound superior absorption compared to other forms like magnesium oxide or magnesium citrate. Magnesium glycinate has a bioavailability level of up to 90-95% (only magnesium aspartate has been shown to have comparable absorption rates). Other magnesium compounds are more likely to remain unabsorbed by the digestive tract.
- Easier on the stomach – Magnesium glycinate tends to be gentler on digestion than other magnesium versions like chloride, sulfate, or hydroxide. People prone to GI distress are often still able to tolerate magnesium glycinate well.
- Supports restful sleep – Glycine has natural calming effects on the body and enhances sleep quality. Since poor sleep drastically affects our energy reserves, this is an added perk of the glycinate form.
If you constantly feel drained or rely on coffee, sugar, and other stimulants just to get through your days, magnesium glycinate provides the lasting energy boost you’ve been missing. Your zest for life can be returned by restoring the cellular energy at the source.