Our skin needs skin care to age as fine wine. To maintain its natural glow, it must fight harmful UV rays as well as other external threats.
It doesn’t matter if we don’t have time on our side. We can still achieve a dewy, beautiful complexion as we age.
It’s important to identify the signs of premature skin aging, determine what causes it, and create space in our lives — and for skin care products that treat our aging face with compassion and care. It is also important to know which products are best to correct dry skin as opposed to dehydrated skin.
Our Skin Health Experts will explain three signs of premature aging of the skin and 10 recommendations for rejuvenating your skin.
#1 Reduced Elasticity
As you scroll through old photos, you may notice sagging or drooping skin. As we age, our skin will lose elasticity. However, this can happen faster than we would like.
- Long-term exposure to sunlight
- Poor nutrition
You may be aware that UV radiation is especially problematic for skin that doesn’t look as young and supple. UV radiation has been shown to cause sun damage as quickly as 5 or 10 minutes. While the effects can vary depending on who you are, they do not differ from person-to-person. Sun damage will occur for most people within an hour, regardless of their skin type.
Sun protection should be at the top our list of anti-aging tips.
A wrinkle or two around your eyes may be your body’s attempt to remind you of the many laughs and smiles that you have shared over the years. If they are deeper and more numerous than you would expect, then premature skin aging is likely to be the cause.
The UV rays will often damage the connective tissue of your skin, causing lines and crevices you hoped you could delay for at least another couple of year. If you have dull and wrinkled skin, it could be caused by:
- Higher genetic predisposition
- Reduced oil production on your skin
- Frequent smoking
Our recommendation is to hydrate and moisturize your skin using key ingredients which can help prevent wrinkles.
#3 Uneven Skin Tone
You may have noticed that a group of freckles appeared out of the blue, or maybe you’ve seen a dark spot get darker with each passing day. These subtle signs of an uneven skin tone can be an early sign that your skin is aging.
This type of pigmentation is caused by many of the same extrinsic causes we discussed earlier. This could be caused by a few shade-free beach days without the right sunscreen, vitamin deficiencies due to an unbalanced dietary pattern, or environmental pollutants. Other times, however, it may be stubborn acne scars that are the main culprit.
Ten Tips to Prevent Premature Aging
You’ve identified the symptoms and signs of premature skin aging. Now What? Keep these 10 tips in mind as you strive to achieve healthier and more youthful skin.
- Wear clothing that protects your face against the sun, like a hat with a large brim, to avoid premature aging.
- Stay in the shade between 10 AM and 4:00 PM when the sun is at its strongest.
- Add the Setting Spray with SPF 50 to your arsenal of skin care products. This easy-to use product is designed for all skin types and uses a few trusted anti-aging ingredients. It also doubles as a makeup setting spray.
- Don’t forget, after applying your daily sunscreen, to reapply it throughout the day. This should be done approximately every two hours.
- Exercise several times per week to stimulate collagen production and improve circulation.
- Avoid dull and tired skin by avoiding unhealthy habits like smoking or drinking.
- To maintain skin hydration, drink enough water every day. Knowing when your skin requires hydration or moisture is key to maintaining your skin barrier.
- Make sure that your daily moisturizer contains anti-aging ingredients. Hyaluronic Acid is a good example of a moisturizer that regulates your skin’s moisture level by binding with water molecules.
- What you put on your plate is important. Omega fatty acids found in salmon, mackerel and other fish could help to slow down the aging process of your skin.
- Keep chronic stress away by taking care of your mental health.
Kate Somerville teaches you how to age gracefully.
You may not be in a position to stop time, but you are able to start building an anti-aging skin care regimen that includes a healthy lifestyle.
This post was written by a professional at RevivaMask. RevivaMask is manufactured using high-quality umbilical cord-derived ingredients specifically designed for skin rejuvenation. The RevivaMask’s solution captures a mixture of ingredients in extracellular vesicles including a high concentration of exosomes, growth factors, cytokines, proteins, and interleukins which can help restore damaged tissue, maintain skin elasticity, and speed treatment recovery time for an unmatched experience in skin rejuvenation. Click here to contact RevivaMask to rejuvenate your skin today.